In order for a professional wedding supplier, service or venue in the United Kingdom to be eligible for nomination into The Wedding Awards for the dates detailed below, they have to fulfil at least one of the following qualifying criteria:
- the Nominee has to be based in Northern England, Midlands, South East England, South West England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, or:
- one of their Bride's, Groom's or parent’s home addresses is located in one of these Regions, or:
- the couple's civil ceremony or wedding reception takes place in one of these Regions.
These discretionary rules gives other wedding professionals associated with The Regions the opportunity to also be nominated for The Wedding Awards because of their high level of customer service, quality and integrity.
This flexibility also allows for the bride or groom to live in another part of the UK because, for example, they may be university students who return home for their wedding or they get married abroad but use Regional suppliers.
The Wedding Awards year for Nominees runs from 1st January to the 31st December, the deadlines will be as follows:
- The Nominees for the current year will be accepted up to the 22nd December 2017
- The Finalists will be annouced online by the 5th January 2018
- The Voting process will continue up to the closing date of 12th January 2018
- The Winners will be announced on 8th March 2018
Wedding professionals who wish to enter The Wedding Awards may be nominated via any one of the following three sources:
- Your own eligible Brides and Grooms whose weddings took place during the Awards year dates
- A fellow wedding professional who has known you for a number of years
- Self-nomination, with subsequent vote verification required
Nomination (see: How to Nominate) and Voting (see: How to Vote) are both free of charge.
Every entry will also include a full page promotional advert on The Nominees 2018 pages, which will continue to be published until the Finalists for the year are announced and then promoted on The Finalists 2018 pages accordingly.
All votes received up to the voting deadline for every Finalist will be included in The Judging Panel assessment and selection process for the Winners, whose adverts will be promoted on The Winners 2018 page.
All confirmed entrants will also be provided with The Wedding Awards appropriate copyright logo to use on their business marketing material.
Additionally, Winners of The Wedding Awards 2018 will receive an advertisement in the online periodic publication The Finest Weddings 2018 until the following year’s Awards are launched.
Further information about The Wedding Awards entry rules and regulations can be found in the Terms and Conditions section of this web site.
Thank you all for participating in The Wedding Awards - and may the best wedding professionals win!